Sunday, July 21, 2013

SUMMER WEEKENDS

























Our weekend has been filled with lots of activities. My parents finally made it home from their 30th wedding anniversary vacation in Greece. I am sure they wanted to stay there forever, considering the beauty and culture, but it is always a joy having the family back together for our Sunday dinner nights. These consist of many intense badminton games, eating fresh veggies and fruit from the garden, and Charlee in her "soup"-suit.

Today I also received a calling in my church to be a primary teacher. This is like a job you volunteer for. They told me they were going to wait a little while, so that Michael and I could settle in and get to know people in the ward-- but eventually gave in because I kept volunteering to help in primary every Sunday. I feel sort of bad.. but not really. I love primary, kids say the darnedest things and singing time is my favorite. My class welcomed me like a queen, letting me sit in the "Red Chair" (the most soft, padded, comfy chair in class). I am one lucky teacher.

On Saturday we enjoyed an evening at the carnival. Two kind strangers offered us their tickets and we decided on the carousal. It had been a long time for us both, plus I am not too fond of heights. I felt like a little girl, and took many pictures of all the pretty colorful things-- and enjoyed some delicious freshly squeezed lemonade.

Hope you had a happy weekend friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment