Tuesday, August 13, 2013

METEOR SHOWER

We finally spent a night in the mountains. Our spontaneous camping trip with Scott's family was the best idea. After driving for twice as long as it should have taken ( lost of course with no clue where his family was) we finally made it when it was pitch black-- Michael and I have learned we don't have much luck in the woods. 

With it being over cast we went to bed, and then woke up at 3 a.m. to watch the meteor shower that has been going on the last couple days. If you know me, you know I am not exactly a morning person-- so around 4 a.m. (which is still ridiculously early) I scurried out of our tent and joined in. I wouldn't have missed it, I saw probably twice as many falling stars last night than I have in my entire life. 

If that wasn't enough, I got to enjoy a bright orange sunrise and hot chocolate with my love. 

This morning was surreal.







He was so proud of himself holding this large rock with only one hand


Playing in the woods with these hooligans


No comments:

Post a Comment