Friday, July 5, 2013

THE 4TH OF JULY





The fourth of July is my second most favorite holiday (Halloween has always held a sweet spot in my heart, especially now that it is the anniversary of me and my love's engagement) and this year is probably so far my most favorite one yet. My darling cousin Ashley is now betrothed and we were able to help with the engagement. We headed up Liberty, where it all happened near the cutest pond-- topped off with a canoe, and so many flowers. My heart melted when I watched him ask her, I am so excited for them.

We celebrated going to the Liberty carnival, where for the first time in my life, someone won a big carnival prize for me. My husband of course with his newly discovered ping pong bouncing skills won me my white woolly mammoth in 3 tries. I am almost embarrassed how excited I was, and of course carried it around with me all day.

I was a little bummed, because growing up I had always watched the firework show up in Liberty-- this year we had prior engagements back in Lehi. Michael's family was having their big fourth of July party, which was equally just as fun.  The kids were so excited about the fireworks, we ended up lighting them all off before the sun even went down, giving me and Michael enough time to go see a local firework show. Very indecisive on where to go, eventually lead us to the west side of Utah Lake, where we then decided to watch all the firework shows. It was amazing to see them from Lehi all the way to Springville, and watch the colorful lights on the lake.

Very best fourth of July as a newly married woman.
--Also finally got an Instagram, so go check it out and follow me. @mrskiradavis

No comments:

Post a Comment